Louisiana Malpractice Claim Attorney
Attorneys have a duty to act in good judgment and competence when representing a client, informing them of any mistakes that they have made. When they fail to act in a client's best interests, and a client suffers financially or otherwise, legal malpractice may have occurred. Examples include:
- Missing statute of limitations
- Breach of attorney/client privilege
- Presenting false evidence
- Misleading legal advice
- Billing fraud
- Ethics violations
Attorney Sera H. Russell has been practicing law since 1978. He is familiar with the ways in which attorneys' actions or inaction may harm clients. If you believe your attorney has deviated from the standard of care, and if you have suffered as a result, you may have a legal malpractice claim.
Contact our law office to learn more. We can analyze your case and determine if you have a valid lawyer negligence claim.
Handling a legal malpractice claim
There are many issues that come into play in a legal malpractice case. To determine whether lawyer malpractice occurred, we may take the following steps:
- Reviewing the lawyer's files — An attorney may have provided a client with false or inaccurate information, or may have otherwise mislead a client.
- Consulting other attorneys — Depending on the exact nature of the damage, and the type of case, we may work with attorneys who are on the ethics board.
- Assessing the full extent of damages — We pursue the full extent of damages that were lost due to lawyer malpractice.
Attorney Sera H. Russell provides representation to individuals who have suffered damages due to other professional malpractice. He handles professional liability claims against engineers, architects, CPAs, and other professionals.
Contact our law office in Lafayette to schedule a consultation, where we can discuss your legal malpractice lawsuit.